Thank you, donors, corporate sponsors, and volunteers!
The Wildlife Discovery Center is a program of the City of Lake Forest, and private donations almost entirely funded operations.
We want to extend a huge thank you to the individual donors, corporate sponsors, the army of volunteers and interns, family, friends, and the Lake Forest community for their unwavering support over the past 25 years. We truly could not have done it without your help!
Your support helped in many ways:
- It kept the WDC free and open to visitors three days a week.
- Provided high-quality care and enrichment for all of our animals.
- Supported our conservation work.
- Made several capital improvements, including the extension to our Bobcat enclosure and the predator-proof roof on our outdoor turtle pond, to name a few.
- Most importantly, you shared our mission to motivate all generations to know, respect, and protect our challenged and often endangered ecosystems with a focus on wildlife.
Thank you to our many great friends and partners including:
- Ashland Foundation
- George Bates Memorial Foundation
- BTG International, Ltd.
- Chicago Wilderness
- Elawa Farm Community of Partners
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Kinnucan Tree Care Experts & Landscaping, Inc.
- Knauz Motors
- Lake County Forest Preserve District
- Lake Forest Open Lands Association
- Max Harry Schewitz Foundation
- The Negaunee Foundation
- Pasquesi Home and Gardens
- Project Passenger Pigeon
- U.S. Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Zion Solutions