Welcome to Forest Park Beach!
We are excited to welcome the community back to the beach for the 2023 season.
A few reminders:
- North Lot: All vehicles are required to have a current City of Lake Forest vehicle sticker. A City of Lake Forest vehicle sticker is also required for overflow parking. Your City sticker/beach parking permit MUST BE AFFIXED to your car's windshield or you will not be allowed to park at Forest Park Beach. Signs are posted at multiple locations outlining the policies. A fine of $125 will be assessed for any vehicle found in violation.
- Please note that the purchase of a non-resident Guest Pass does not include parking privileges. Parking is available in the business district and the east train station lots. It is a short 3/4 mile walk to the lakefront.
- South Lot: Additional permits are required and are available for purchase at the Recreation Center, 400 Hastings Road.
- If you are walking, please use the cement stairs to access the beach. Do not walk on the road.
For information on water quality, please call the Forest Park Beach Hotline at (847) 234-6702 & press 8.
Please note: All city ordinances, policies, and procedures will be enforced.
now hiring lifeguards & beach guards!
We are looking for qualified professionals to serve as Lifeguards and Beach Guards during the Forest Park Beach 2023 Season!
About our park and beach:
Visitors to our 29 acre park can enjoy the large beach and grass areas. Open year round, park amenities include sheltered pavilions, a fishing pier, boat launching ramp and storage area, walking paths and a concession stand open during the summer months.
LAKE FOREST RESIDENT IDENTIFICATION
Residents will be required to show proof of City of Lake Forest residency at all entrances to the facility. Appropriate forms of identification include driver's license, state ID, school ID, Lake Forest water bill or a Forest Park Beach ID. Proof of Lake Forest residency will be required for everyone using the beach facilities.
To park at Forest Park Beach North Lot, all vehicles are required to have a 2023 City of Lake Forest vehicle sticker.
We are looking forward to seeing you at our beautiful beach!
Non-Resident Beach Access & Parking:
The non-resident entrance is located at the south stairs.
There is a $25 daily fee per person. Credit cards only: Visa, MC, Amex, Discover. Sorry, no refunds are given.
There is no onsite parking. There are public lots located in the business district and at the train station. It is a short 3/4 mile walk to the lakefront.
Those interested can purchase a 2023 non-resident parking sticker for the lower north and upper south parking lots for $910, sold at Municipal Services - 800 N Field Dr, Lake Forest.
north lot & upper south lot:
All residents that wish to park at Forest Park Beach North Lot and Upper South Lot must display a 2023 City of Lake Forest Vehicle Sticker
Vehicle Stickers can be purchased:
- Online at https://www.aptvsa.com/lakeforest/resident. You will need the PIN code provided on your renewal notice. If you do not know your PIN number, please email Claudia Austin at email@example.com.
- In person M-F from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm at Municipal Services, 800 N. Field Drive, Lake Forest.
- For more information regarding vehicle stickers, visit the City of Lake Forest website: https://www.cityoflakeforest.com/government/departments/finance/vehicle_stickers.
- Parking at the Lower South Lot is by permit only. Permits can be purchased at the Recreation Center, 400 Hastings Road, Lake Forest or the sailing office.
- If your vehicle is registered to an address outside of The City of Lake Forest and does not have a 2023 sticker displayed, you will be ticketed when parking anywhere east of Sheridan Road, including beach parking lots.
- No parking is allowed on the ring road or nearby public streets, with or without a City vehicle sticker or beach parking sticker.
RESIDENT GUEST PASSES
Lake Forest residents can purchase a Guest Beach Parking Pass for $15, limit 5 times per year. Pass must be purchased by a Lake Forest Resident at the Recreation Center. Click here for Recreation Center hours.
Boating center information
South Beach Parking and Watercraft Ramp Launch permits can only be purchased in person at the Recreation Center. Click here for hours and information.
Daily launch passes will be available to purchase at Forest Park Beach. A fee of $65.00 will be charged for residents launching watercraft that are transported into the facility daily. Additionally, non-resident daily launch passes for 2023 have been suspended. We have a new Watercraft Impoundment Ordinance for watercraft contained in the compound or racks. Please be aware of the policy. If you plan to use the Boat Basin Facility please read the packet listed below. We offer other storage opportunities for you, if you are interested please contact us for more information at (847) 810-3666.
2023 Updates coming soon:
Kayak & Paddleboard Launch
Cells 1 and 4 are a non-motorized watercraft launch area. Please note - NO Motorized watercraft allowed, including waverunners.
Boating Center Rentals
Paddle boards and kayaks are available for rental, weather permitting. The Boating Center will be open daily June 3 - August 22 from 10 am - 7 pm and the following weekend days:
- May 27 - May 29
- August 26 - August 27
- September 2, 3, 4
Contact Will Howard at 847-810-3666 for more information.
CONCESSIONS, BEER AND WINE SALES AT THE BEACH
Stop by concessions at the north pavilion and enjoy a glass of wine or beer on our beautiful lake front this summer. We will be offering beer and wine sales during concession operating hours - seven days per week in the designated area, weather permitting. For questions, contact concessions at 847.810.4665.
Please note the following:
- No dogs/pets
- No drones
- No firearms
- No fireworks or sky lanterns (state law)
- No open fires
- No outside alcohol
- No hammocks on trees
- No tents or beach umbrellas
- No smoking, vaping, or cannabis
- No bikes, scooters, skateboards, roller blades/skates, or Segways
- No jumping off rocks/piers
- No walking on ramps