Welcome to Forest Park Beach!
In order to remain in compliance with the Governor's Executive order and capacity limitations, please recognize that some changes have been made to insure that you have a safe and fun experience at the beach. We are looking forward to seeing you!
Reminder! To park at Forest Park Beach North Lot, all vehicles are required to have a City of Lake Forest vehicle sticker. The City of Lake Forest vehicle sticker is also required for overflow parking. To park at Forest Park Beach South Lot, additional permits are required.
About our park and beach:
Visitors to our 29 acre park can enjoy the large beach and grass areas. Open year round, park amenities include sheltered pavilions, a fishing pier, boat launching ramp and storage area, walking paths and a concession stand open during the summer months.
For information on water quality, please call the Forest Park Beach Hotline at (847) 234-6702 & press 8.
LAKE FOREST RESIDENT IDENTIFICATION
Residents will be required to show proof of City of Lake Forest residency at all entrances to the facility. Appropriate forms of identification include driver's license, state ID, school ID, Lake Forest water bill or a Forest Park Beach ID. Proof of Lake Forest residency will be required for everyone using the beach facilities.
To park at Forest Park Beach North Lot, all vehicles are required to have a City of Lake Forest vehicle sticker.
north lot & upper south lot:
All residents that wish to park at Forest Park Beach North Lot and Upper South Lot must display a 2021 City of Lake Forest Vehicle Sticker
Vehicle Stickers can be purchased:
- Online at https://www.aptvsa.com/lakeforest/resident. You will need the PIN code provided on your renewal notice. If you do not know your PIN number, please email Jamese Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In person M-F from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm at Municipal Services, 800 N. Field Drive,Lake Forest. Face coverings are required to enter the building.
- For more information regarding vehicle stickers, visit the City of Lake Forest website: https://www.cityoflakeforest.com/government/departments/finance/vehicle_stickers.
- Parking at the Lower South Lot is by permit only. Permits can be purchased at the Recreation Center, 400 Hastings Road, Lake Forest or the sailing office.
- If your vehicle is registered to an address outside of The City of Lake Forest and does not have a 2021 sticker displayed, you will be ticketed when parking anywhere east of Sheridan Road, including beach parking lots.
- No parking is allowed on the ring road or nearby public streets, with or without a City vehicle sticker or beach parking sticker.
We are looking forward to seeing you at our beautiful beach!
Non-Resident Beach Access & Parking:
The non-resident entrance is located at the south stairs.
There is a $25 daily fee per person. Credit cards only: Visa, MC, Amex, Discover. Sorry, no refunds are given.
There is no onsite parking. There are public lots located in the business district and at the train station. It is a short 3/4 mile walk to the lakefront.
Those interested can purchase a 2021 non-resident parking sticker for the lower north and upper south parking lots for $910, sold at Municipal Services - 800 N Field Dr, Lake Forest.
RESIDENT GUEST PASSES
Lake Forest residents can purchase a Guest Beach Parking Pass for $15, limit 5 times per year. Pass must be purchased by a Lake Forest Resident at the Recreation Center. Click here for Recreation Center hours.
CONCESSIONS, BEER AND WINE SALES AT THE BEACH
Stop by concessions at the north pavilion and enjoy a glass of wine or beer on our beautiful lake front this summer. We will be offering beer and wine sales during concession operating hours - seven days per week in the designated area, weather permitting. For questions, contact concessions at 847.810.4665.
South Beach Parking and Watercraft Ramp Launch permits can only be purchased in person at the Recreation Center. Click here for more hours and information.
Daily launch passes will be available to purchase at Forest Park Beach. A fee of $65.00 will be charged for residents launching watercraft that are transported into the facility daily. Additionally, non-resident daily launch passes for 2021 have been suspended. We have a new Watercraft Impoundment Ordinance for watercraft contained in the compound or racks. Please be aware of the policy.
If you plan to use the Boat Basin Facility please read the packet listed below. We offer other storage opportunities for you, if you are interested please contact us for more information at (847) 810-3666.
kayak & Paddle board launching
Cell 4 is half swimming and half non-motorized watercraft launch area. Please note - NO Motorized watercraft allowed, including waverunners.
BOATING CENTER REntals
Paddle boats, Kayaks, and Sailboats are available for use. The Boating Center will be open daily June 5 - August 15 and will be offered on the following weekend days:
- May 29 - May 31
- August 21 - August 22
- August 28 - August 29
- September 4 - September 6
Contact Will Howard at 847-810-3666 for more information.
Please note the following:
- No dogs/pets
- No drones
- No firearms
- No fireworks
- No open fires
- No outside alcohol
- No hammocks on trees
- No tents or beach umbrellas
- No smoking, vaping, or cannabis
- No bikes, scooters, skateboards, or roller blades/skates
- No jumping off rocks/piers
- No walking on ramps