We are committed to offering our program participants a safe and healthy environment. Please review the guidelines and procedures listed below.
Visit program web pages (athletics, dance, etc.) for detailed safety guidelines regarding specific programs.
- Recreation Center Usage: The Recreation Center is only open to currently registered Program Participants and Fitness Center users (members).
- Group Sizes: Programs will have limited class sizes.
- Sanitization: The Lake Forest Recreation Department has taken extra steps for additional cleaning and sanitization including hand sanitizing stations and equipping Staff with hand sanitizer and proper cleaning supplies.
- Social Distancing: Participants will be expected to maintain 6 feet of social distance at all times.
- Equipment: Sharing of supplies and equipment will be limited and any items that will be shared will be thoroughly sanitized between usages.
- Face Coverings: All Lake Forest Recreation Department Program Staff must wear face coverings while instructing a Program. Each Department will have their own guidelines for Participants and can be found on their own webpage.
- Water Bottle: Public water fountains will not be available inside the Recreation Center. Program Participants should bring their own water bottle and may use non-contact refillable water stations.
- Food Delivery: There will be no food delivery accepted to the Recreation Center.
DROP OFF / PICK UP PROCEDURES
- Each LFRD Program will have its own designated drop off/pick up location. Program Supervisors will make these areas very clear pre-program.
- Registered Participant should be dropped off no more than 15 minutes prior to the start of the Program.
- Any young child may be escorted to the check in point by one caregiver or parent.
- At check in;
- Staff will confirm registration.
- Take the temperature of Participant.
- Staff will direct Participant to the appropriate location for Program.
EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN (EAP)
- If anyone in the immediate household has recently tested positive for COVID-19.
- Has been exposed to a positive COVID-19 person.
- Has recently travelled to any of the states on the IL travel quarantine list.
- COVID-19 Symptomatic:
- If a Participant or Staff member does have symptoms they CANNOT attend program until they have had no fever for at least 72 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since their symptoms first appeared.
- Participant or Staff must have a negative COVID-19 test result.
- If a Participant or Staff member shows any symptoms while at program, they will be moved to an area separated from the rest of the Program, accompanied by a Staff member. Parents will be contacted and expected to pick up Participant immediately.
- COVID-19 Positive:
- If a Participant or Staff member does contract COVID-19, they should remain isolated at home for a minimum of 10 days after symptoms onset and can be released after feverless and feeling well (without fever-reducing medication) for at least 72 hours and have a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Anyone who is exposed to a COVID-19 positive Participant or Staff member will be contacted by Staff and advised on next steps.