COUNSELOR IN TRAINING PROGRAM (13-15Y) This is a special program for students who are currently in grades 7 through 10 this year or are 13 to 15 years old.
- The CITs are volunteer workers for the Recreation Department's summer programs.
- The purpose of this program is to help the older youth of Lake Forest develop leadership skills through a summer work experience.
- Placement in the camps will vary.
- CITs are required to attend an intensive staff training week (date TBA).
- This week of training will include various job skills, team building, time at the individual camps, and will end with a field trip just for the CITs.
- Additional volunteer opportunities may exist for interested individuals.
- Location: Gymnasium, Lake Forest Recreation Center
- Dates: M-F Jun 13 - Aug 5 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Cost: $282
Notes: Lake Forest students only. No camps August 3. Participants must be paid and registered for the program to submit an application. Applications must be submitted to the Recreation Department by April 1, 2022 for consideration.
Contact: John Eldridge, Program Manager, 847.810.3940