COUNSELOR IN TRAINING PROGRAM (13-15Y) This is a special program for students who are currently in grades 7 through 10 this year or are 13 to 15 years old.
- The CITs are volunteer workers for the Recreation Department's summer programs.
- The purpose of this program is to help the older youth of Lake Forest develop leadership skills through a summer work experience.
- Placement in the camps will vary.
- CITs are required to attend an intensive staff training week (date TBA).
- This week of training will include various job skills, team building, time at the individual camps, and will end with a field trip just for the CITs.
- Additional volunteer opportunities may exist for interested individuals.
- Location: Gymnasium, Lake Forest Recreation Center
- Dates: M-F Jun 12 - Aug 4 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Cost: $293
- Lake Forest students only.
- No camps August 2.
- Participants must be paid and registered for the program to submit an application.
- Applications must be submitted to the Recreation Department by April 21, 2023 for consideration.
Contact: John Eldridge, Program Manager, 847.810.3940