Make lasting memories for your kids this summer at Lake Forest Parks & Recreation Summer Camps!
Lake Forest Parks & Recreation offers a wide variety of summer camp experiences right here in our community with a flexible schedule, affordable pricing, and a reputation that is second to none. From traditional, super fun day camps, to sports, nature, dance, art, and technology, there is a camp for every child. While our 8 week camps are a great value, many camps are offered from 1 week to 8 weeks, so you can customize your summer camp schedule to fit your family's summer plans.
Registration is open!
COUNSELOR IN TRAINING PROGRAM (13-15Y) This is a special program for students who are currently in grades 7 through 10 this year or are 13 to 15 years old.
- The CITs are volunteer workers for the Recreation Department's summer programs.
- The purpose of this program is to help the older youth of Lake Forest develop leadership skills through a summer work experience.
- Most summer programs will meet June 15 - August 7.
- Placement in the camps will vary.
- CITs are required to attend an intensive staff training week (date TBA).
- This week of training will include various job skills, team building, time at the individual camps, and will end with a field trip just for the CITs.
- Additional volunteer opportunities may exist for interested individuals.
- Location: Gymnasium, Lake Forest Recreation Center
- Dates: M-F Jun 8 - Jul 31 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Cost: $263
Contact: John Eldridge, Program Manager, 847.810.3940
Notes: Lake Forest students only. No camps Jul 4, Aug 5. Participants must be paid and registered for the program to submit an application. Applications must be submitted to the Recreation Department by May 1, 2020 for consideration.