May 17th - 20th
We are in the planning stages for our end of year showcase appropriately named Challenge Accepted. It has been a year full of twists and turns and both dancers and teachers have met each challenge head on with grit and grace. We can't wait to showcase your hard work and talent!
We are thrilled to have you along for the ride as we navigate a year like no other!
- All dancers registered for in person classes are eligible to participate in Showcase.
- Detailed information regarding rehearsals, ticket sales and all things Showcase will be released when available.
We are excited to invite you to Lake Forest Dance Academy's 2021 Spring Showcase: Challenge Accepted!
- Showcase will be performed in the LF Recreation Center gymnasium with lighting and technical enhancements.
- Each performance will be live streamed so friends and family from all over can watch!
- A small live audience might be allowed depending on the State of Illinois guidelines at the time of performance.
- All Monday evening classes will have their performance on a Monday, Tuesday evening classes on a Tuesday, and so on at 6:00 pm.
- The exception are Saturday classes will perform on a Wednesday evening at 6:00 pm.
Monday, May 17 - Thursday, May 20
Lake Forest Recreation Center Gymnasium
400 Hastings Road, Lake Forest
- Monday Classes: Challenge Accepted 1 - Monday, May 17 @ 6:00pm
- Tuesday Classes: Challenge Accepted 2 - Tuesday, May 18 @ 6:00pm
- Wednesday & Saturday Classes: Challenge Accepted 3 - Wednesday, May 19 @ 6:00pm
- Thursday Classes: Challenge Accepted 4 - Thursday, May 20 @ 6:00pm
For the health of both staff and students, we are asking that parents take measurements of their dancer for their showcase costume. Measurements are due Friday, February 19th. We will need a t-shirt size, pant size, bust/chest, waist, hip, and inseam measurement.
- To record your dancers measurements, please use this link: my dancer's measurements
- For reference on how to take these measurements, please click here: how to take measurements
Remember: Measurements due by Friday, February 19th!! This is crucial to the timing of ordering and receiving of costumes.
- If you are unsure of a measurement, go with the larger number, not smaller.
Please mark your calendar for these important dates! Please print out and keep in a visible place in your home.
Rehearsals will take place in costume the week of May 10 - 15 during your child's regular class time. Wear your costume to class.
- Label all costumes, accessories and shoes.
- Put all belongings in a bag labeled with dancer's name.
- Dancers are not allowed to wear any jewelry, watches or nail polish.
- Please do not bring valuables or electronics to the rehearsal or performance.
- Make up should be a small amount of eye shadow and mascara. Lipstick and blush are not required since dancers will be performing in a solid black face mask.
- No photography or videos taken of performances. This is not only distracting to other audience members, but it is also distracting to the dancers performing.