LFDA RECITAL 2023
Saturday, May 20
Cressey Center for the Arts, Lake Forest Academy
1500 West Kennedy Road, Lake Forest
VIEW MAP OF Lake forest academy
Join us for a day filled with dance! It will be a day to celebrate students and staff as they share their artistry and dedication in this end of season performance.
Candyland 1 - 9:00 am
Candyland 2 - 10:45 am
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory - 12:30 pm
Sugar & Spice 1 - 2:00 pm
Sugar & Spice 2 - 3:30 pm
What show is my dancer in?
Each dance class will be assigned to one show on this day.
Click below for the schedule.
We are excited to invite you to Lake Forest Dance Academy's 2023 Recital!
- Recital will be performed at Lake Forest Academy.
- Ticket allotment is 10 per family per show.
- Candyland performances will run approx. 45 minutes each.
- All other performances will run approx. 1 hour.
Saturday, May 20, 2023
Lake Forest Academy
Cressey Center for the Arts
1500 Kennedy Road, Lake Forest
- Dancers check in at the Cressey Center 45 minutes before the show. A teacher will escort dancers to dressing rooms.
- Dancers should wear their first costumes, hair in a bun and make up applied.
- Dancers are to remain in designated areas until the recital is completed. All dancers will participate in the finale.
- After the performance, all early years dancers will be dismissed from the stage in the theater. All Level 1 and up dancers will be dismissed from the lobby hallway.
- Costumes are NOT to be used for dress up until AFTER recital.
- Label costumes, shoes and accessories with the student's name.
- Pack accessories in a clear plastic bag labeled with the student's name.
- Steam all costumes prior to picture day and again before recital.
- If your dancer's measurements fell on the border of sizes, costumes are sized up to allow for growth and alterations. Costumes can always be made smaller but can rarely be made bigger with alterations.
- Alterations are the responsibility of the parent and are minor. They can be done at home or most dry cleaners can accommodate.
- We ask that all dancers with multiple costumes wear a nude colored camisole leotard. A nude colored camisole leotard should be worn under costumes for added privacy during costume changes. This should be worn closest to the skin. Here is a link to a recommendation: nude leotard
Click on the links below for the Show Orders!
- RECITAL PHOTO DAY: Sun, April 23, 2023
- MANDATORY RECITAL REHEARSALS: May 13-18 - schedule coming soon
- SPRING RECITAL: Sat, May 20, 2023
LFDA RECITAL PHOTO DAY IS SUNDAY, April 23, 2023
- Photos are taken at the Recreation Center
- Participation is highly encouraged.
- Please plan on attending all of your class photos even if you are not ordering prints.
- Class/Group photos will be taken in Studio 3.
- Individual photos will be taken in Studio 2 by appointment only. Sign up at the link below. Individual photo times are one appointment time per costume. If you want to take individual photos in multiple costumes, please sign up for times that are nonconsecutive so you have time to change.
- Bring all costume pieces and accessories and label everything with your name.
- Arrive in plenty of time to fill out order forms.
Show Date: May 20
- Tickets go on sale Wednesday, April 19 at 12:00 pm.
- Each family is allotted 10 tickets per show.
- Tickets are $15 each and seating is assigned.
- Any child under the age of 3 not sitting in a lap will require a ticket.
- Dancers must attend rehearsals to perform in the recital.
- Please arrive at least 45 minutes before the scheduled start time to allow for parking, getting the dancer to their dressing room.
- Label all costumes, accessories and shoes.
- Put all belongings in a bag labeled with dancer's name.
- Dancers are not allowed to wear any jewelry, watches or nail polish.
- Please do not bring valuables or electronics to any stage, tech, dress rehearsal or performance.
- Make up should be blush high on cheekbones, red lipstick - Revlon 740 and a small amount of eye shadow and mascara.
- No photography or videos taken of performances. This is not only distracting to other audience members, but it also distracting to the dancers performing
We are offering a media option for recital video, kudos, and program photo. If interested, click the link below, print out the form, and return it to the Dance Office by Monday, April 24.
Recital Platinum Package: This package will include a photo of your dancer in the recital program, and videos from all 4 recitals. Orders are due by Monday, April 24. No late submissions will be accepted. Optional kudos add-on available.
Recital Gold Package: This package will include videos from all 4 recitals and a kudo in the program. Orders are due by Monday, April 24. No late submissions will be accepted. Optional add- on available.